I recently lettered my four 46ft gondolas with CDS dry transfer. Some Pennsylvania and some New York Central.
I also made new wood floors out of scribed styrene sheets. They aren't yet weathered and I plan to glue them when the cars will be completely weathered.
The more I look at that kitbashing project, the more I think it could be tremendously improved to represent many different types of gondola using similar technics. Sure, I took a very casual approach, but I see a lot of potential at a nominal cost by splicing cars and changing their dimensions. So no longer I'll laugh at these ridiculous 40ft trainset gondolas... With some metal grabirons, they would look nice belong similar Walthers 46ft gondolas.