Saturday 2 July 2016

A Few New Cars

A fellow modeler from a forum kindly sent me a few old cars to populate the layout. I didn't attempt at detailing them since they are purely operation models. However, I did rectify the color scheme when I could. This is particularly true with the NYC Pacemaker boxcar which got black ladders and saw the sliding door brackets removed and sill painted red.

They aren't prize winning models, but with a good coat of weathering, they should blend perfectly with the fleet of Roundhouse and Athearn cars. I took them as a challenge for improving my weathering skills.

NYC Pacemaker Boxcar (Walthers or Train Miniature)

Before:


After:


PRR 34ft hopper (Athearn)

Before:


After:


50ft Heavyweight Westinghouse Flatcar (Athearn)

This one seems to be a notorious foobie and I doubt seriously they would have used that kind of car on carfloat service! But it is noteworthy to say this cas can take 13" radius curves without problem!


After:




No comments:

Post a Comment